The Easiest DIY Holiday Decoration
Holiday decorations, like a dried orange garland, can be all natural and hold a lovely scent, which makes them perfect for small spaces! They can accent your furniture, add a new colour to your surroundings, and bring out the spirit of the season. Here is a simple how to guide and all you need is four oranges, parchment paper, paper towels, tooth picks, and string or twine.
How to Dry Oranges
- Preheat oven to 250 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Cut orange slices in 1/4 inch slices
- Blot orange slices on both sides with paper towels to dry them of excess juice
- Place orange slices on parchment paper in a single layer
- Bake for 2 hours, turning oranges over halfway through the bake time
- Continue to bake in 15 minute increments until the orange slices are dry, flipping the slices as needed
- Let cool for up to 24 hours for the best results
Now you have a natural garland for your space that you made yourself! If you try this at home, tag us on Instagram and Tiktok, so we can see how you make it your own.